Recently published The Local Charity and Community Group Sustainability Report 2017/18 makes for sobering reading. Support organisation Localgiving have undertaken a survey on sustainability over the past three years, so…
The Lasting Difference is a unique guide
The guide has been an amazing success since its launch in 2016, proving popular with voluntary organisations, social enterprises, funders, commissioners and policy makers. People tell us it is:
- Clear: easy to understand and use
- Relevant: grounded in practice, it is unique in providing not just definitions and self-assessments, but action plans, exit strategies and ideas for doing something about sustainability
- Powerful: able to transform the way people think about – and run – their organisations.
People have also told us they would like the guide to have a dedicated website. So this site will help you to:
- Find resources and links in one place
- Find – and share – real life examples of what people are doing about sustainability
- Get practical tips on using the tools.
Introducing ‘The Lasting Difference’
Graeme Reekie, author of the Lasting Difference resource, explains where the ideas and toolkit originated, and some of the principles that underpin it.
Ellie Sandercock of Shared Care Scotland explains why sustainability means more than just money, and how the Lasting Difference toolkit can help.
Sustainability and systems
Dee Fraser of the Coalition of Care and Support Providers in Scotland takes a systems view of sustainability. Organisations can use the Lasting Difference guide to take action on funding, workload, capacity and involvement.