[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]We are inviting applications for our next Lasting Leadership action learning programme.
The programme is aimed at people who want to explore and develop sustainable leadership capacity in their organisation. Previous participants have included CEOs, senior managers, project or team leads. But it is suitable for anyone interested in planning for succession, developing leadership capacity across their organisation, sustaining energy, focus and wellbeing, or promoting leadership equality and diversity.
Apply soon: only 12 places are available. Closing date Monday 22nd August 2022[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][us_gallery ids=”1639,1638,1637,1636″ columns=”4″ img_size=”thumbnail”][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]
What is the Lasting Leadership action learning programme?
It is a six-month leadership development programme offering protected time and space to:
- Increase understanding of the challenges, principles and capabilities of sustainable leadership.
- Generate new ideas and test approaches to developing leadership capacity in their organisations.
- Develop relationships and gain support from likeminded leaders.
- Share knowledge and practice about sustainable leadership.
“Taking time out sometimes feels like the last thing you can afford to do when you’re spinning so many plates. But can you afford not to? The power of the programme helps to refresh depleted energy levels, gain perspective – and gives others the opportunity to step up!” (Previous programme participant)
What does the programme look like?
The programme will be a facilitated semi-structured action learning set. From September 2022 to March 2023 the core group will work together through six supportive sessions, exploring and working on key aspects of sustainable leadership.
Sessions will take place online from 9:30am to 12:30pm:
• Thursday 29th September 2022
• Thursday 3rd November 2022
• Thursday 1st December 2022
• Thursday 12th January 2023
• Thursday 9th February 2023
• Thursday 23rd March 2023
The programme will take an enabling, strengths-based approach. Participants will identify their own goals, key areas for investigation and action, working towards these with peer support over the six sessions. You will test out ideas and approaches in your own organisation throughout the programme, and there will a time-limited project period between sessions five and six. Support between sessions will also be available via an online Lasting Leadership Team, where practice, ideas and resources will be shared.
Background – about Lasting Leadership
Sustainable leadership, like organisational sustainability, is challenging and complex.
Our Lasting Leadership Guides provide ideas, approaches and practical tips to support the development of sustainable leadership capacity. Each guide begins by exploring the common sustainable leadership paradoxes and then focuses on one of the four Lasting Leadership capabilities:
- Lateral leadership. Developing leadership in every corner of your organisation. Devolved working, decision-making and building leadership capacity at every level.
- Succession planning and knowledge management. Developing capacity, contingency planning and knowledge management processes.
- Sustaining energy, focus and self-care. Looking after ourselves and others so we can do our best work.
- Proactively encouraging and supporting leadership equality and diversity.
‘I’ve been surprised at how often I’ve referenced the conversations and learning from these sessions in other contexts. So many relevant ideas!’
‘It’s been great to have people in this group as sounding boards. So helpful to hear from other parts of the sector.’
‘The lightbulb moment for me was where the group asked how I was doing: no-one else had done that. I’m not alone now, we’re all sharing these pitfalls and rollercoasters. It’s a trusted, open environment where people can be themselves.’
‘I’m learning how I can support people to help themselves and sharing the load a lot more. The whole team are now invested. I’ve found this space valuable for validating and challenging what I think. Something I don’t seek out in other ways.’
‘Massively enjoyed learning together. It has been brilliant for my confidence.’